Lennox Manager, Transportation in West Columbia, South Carolina
Lennox International(LII)is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Allied Air Enterprises™ (A Lennox International company) Individually, our brands are strong. But united, they are a powerful force. Allied Air Enterprises brings together the collective strengths of six comfort brands – Armstrong Air®, AirEase®, Concord®, Ducane™, Allied Commercial™ and Magic-Pak® – to give distributors and dealers the ultimate source for heating and cooling solutions. From compact residential applications to large commercial projects, Allied Air Enterprises redefines ease-of-business through breadth of product, resources and competencies unparalleled in the market.
As the Transportation Manager, you will be the hands on leader of transportation management initiatives within the distribution system (including fleet designs, sizing and utilization, and procedures) to maximize delivery efficiency. In this high visibility, high impact role, you will lead cross functional teams in the transformation and continuous improvement of the freight and distribution function. Your inquisitive mindset, energy, and drive for results will lead to your success in this role.
In this role, you will be trusted to:
- Continuously improve the capabilities, process execution, and technology utilization that results in planning, directing, coordinating and maintaining economical and efficient transportation services for the business.
- Lead the development and implementation of both the short- and long-range programs designed to provide the business unit with the required levels of transportation services which meet cost and service objectives. Include processes relating to transportation planning, transportation execution and logistics support.
- Collaborate with sales, operations, and site transportation analysts to provides the business process direction and expertise on the implementation of cost- effective process and technology systems required to execute transportation management.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and processes of the network of transportation analysts.
- Develop and ensure implementation of policies and procedures covering rate negotiation, purchase of transportation, compliance to route guides, mode and fleet management, optimum traffic routes, freight damage and claims, delivery appointments, and keeping the inbound and outbound schedules feasible, balanced, and current.
- Identify and analyze transportation costs, equipment availability, and service levels, making recommendations as required to improve the effectiveness of transportation programs.
- Ensure that unit is in compliance with tariff rules, I.C.C. regulations, and federal and state transportation laws.
- May be responsible for foreign merchandise production, quota, customs documentation, and transportation.
- May work with customs officials to work out delays and obtain release of incoming freight.
This role will entail up to 25% travel - relocation assistance is available!
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years related experience.
- Knows principles and methods for transporting goods by any mode including the relative costs and benefits.
- Deep knowledge of industry and regulatory trends.
- Requires effective negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems to optimize transportation networks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Understanding of the practical impact of import and export regulations in a wide range of countries.
“This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.”
Job LocationsUS-SC-Columbia | US-SC-West Columbia
- Requisition #
- Shift / Hours